If you have left preparation for your wedding speeches a little on the late side then you may find the outline for a free wedding speech for the groom that we have here is just what you are looking for. Tips for the father of the bride and the best man are also given, as whether you are the groom, father of the bride or the best man, your wedding speech is crucial for a successful big day.
Just follow the instructions given within the free wedding speech and insert the appropriate names and stories, and you’ll have your speech ready to go in no time.
Wedding speech outline for the groom:
First of all, my wife (emphasize wife and pause to smile) and I would like to thank you all for being here to share this very special day with us.
There was another special day, __ years / months ago – the day that changed my life, when I met this beautiful woman, bride’s name.
Tell the story of how you and your bride met, and continue into how the relationship developed. Include an amusing or romantic anecdote.
It became very clear to me that this wonderful lady was the one I wanted to spend the rest of my life with. Even so, proposing was a nerve-wracking experience! What if she said no?!
Tell the story of how you proposed and how your bride accepted.
I knew from the very start that this was real love. Tell the guests how much you love your bride and relate some lovable or cute aspects of her personality.
So thank you again for being here to share with us the first day of the rest of our lives. I feel so very blessed to be marrying ___.
Now I would like to thank… thank the best man, bridesmaids, parents, and any others that are appropriate.
Finally, toast your new wife and thank her for marrying you.
Wedding speech tips for the father of the bride:
- Start by introducing yourself and thanking the guests for coming.
- Tell a story about your daughter when she was younger – perhaps as a baby or a child.
- Talk about your daughter’s personality, and how she has changed since meeting her husband. Welcome the groom into your family.
- Talk about your emotions – tell how you feel about your daughter!
Speech tips for the best man:
Things to include:
- At least one funny (not humiliating) story about your friend the groom
- Talk about the bride and groom and what sort of couple they make
- Tell a bit about your friend’s achievements and outlook on life. How has meeting the bride changed his life?
- Make sure you toast all the appropriate people – both sets of parents and the bridesmaids as well as the happy couple themselves! Make the toast the highpoint of your best man wedding speech.