There are many things that you need to learn before you plan a wedding. There are many rules of etiquette that need to be considered through each process of the planning of the wedding. There are many ways that you can learn these rules and many places that can help you. So much is written on wedding etiquette, though, it can be hard to filter through them and use what is relevant to your wedding.
It may seem very complicated but it can be simplified. Read the following wedding etiquette “musts” and use what you need for your wedding. Figure out what your destination wedding etiquette should be by reading the following and also by doing some research of your own on the internet and in many wedding books. Research as much as you can so you do not breach etiquette at all. Most people who have a hard time planning their wedding just don’t follow these simple rules. So memorize these rules and have a great wedding.
1. When you send out invitations, make sure that you send them out very early. Send them around 4 to 6 weeks before the date of the wedding. Your guests will need plenty of time to plan and make arrangements.
2. When the bride and groom register for gifts then it will allow the guest to know what to buy. They can buy the gifts and the place they register at and bring them to the wedding.
3. Getting married far away from your city can make it hard when it comes to gifts. Allow your guests to be able to mail them to an address so you can get them when you come home.
4. Decide who should pay for what in the wedding before you start planning the wedding. Each person should pay for what is appropriate. This can vary depending on where each person is from.
5. Anyone who could not attend the wedding itself should receive a wedding announcement. This will include all of the pertinent information and also allow people to send you presents if they did not come to the wedding.
6. If you plan to have your wedding at a location far from home then you will need to pay for your wedding party. They will also need to know in plenty of time so they can make the proper arrangements.
7. Put in the invitations if you don’t want kids there. Let them know that this is an adult only affair. Make sure that you don’t put the children’s names on the envelope.
Keep these rules in mind and your wedding should run much more smoothly. There are feelings that may get hurt but less will get hurt if you follow these rules of etiquette. Do a lot of research on the internet and in books so you know what to plan and what not to plan. Be straight forward and make sure your wedding is exactly what you want it to be.
Don’t cause unneeded hurt feelings by not obeying the rules of etiquette. You wedding is yours, but your guests are important, too. Make your wedding successful. This may be your only chance to plan the wedding of your dreams so do it correctly and keep other’s feelings in mind. It is important and it can make or break a wedding. Plan ahead and do your research.