There are a lot of things to remember when planning a wedding. People do not realize how much time and effort goes into planning a wedding until they have to for themselves. Keeping a list of things that need to be accomplished can help you plan a wedding successfully. In this article, I will provide you with a step by step wedding planning checklist. Let’s begin.
1. Decide on a date and location for the wedding. This is the most important decision you will make for your wedding. Decide on what time of year you would like to get married, and where you want to have the wedding.
2. Plan if and where you want a reception after the wedding. Some people like to celebrate after the wedding ceremony, while others do not. If you would like to have a wedding reception after the ceremony, plan a location for it.
3. Book wedding and reception hall. Most places would like you to plan your wedding well in advance, and as soon as you select a place, you should put a deposit down right away.
4. Select a wedding party. This could be anyone from family members to really good friends. Choose people who you know and trust, and people who would love to stand up for you at your wedding.
5. Choose colors and or a theme. Once you have planned the basics, it is time to plan the smaller details, like colors for the wedding or a theme. This is where you can show off your style and personality.
6. Pick music for your wedding and reception. You want music that is light and pleasing to everyone. You can choose a band of a DJ if you would like, and it all depends on how much money you would like to spend.
7. Decide on what food you would like at your reception. You can serve a nice fancy plate dinner or you can choose an informal buffet. Plated dinners typically cost more money, but it depends on your food selections.
8. Send out invitations. You will want to send the invitations out at least two months in advance to let everyone plan for your wedding. If your wedding will be out of town, you will want to send them out even earlier so that they can make travel arrangements.
9. Pick a dress and any other minor details. You will want to order your dress a few months in advance because they can take a long time to come in when ordering. You will also need to choose flowers and other minor items.
There are a lot of things to keep in consideration when planning a wedding. Remember it can be a lot of fun to plan a wedding, but it also can be a lot of work. Keep a pen and paper handy at all times to keep track of things when you think about them. You can even purchase a wedding planner book to make sure you do not forget things. By creating and following a wedding planning checklist, you can plan the wedding of your dreams and make it a less stressful situation.