You suddenly realize you are within 6 months of your wedding day. Perhaps you’ve taken care of the big items, like securing the wedding date and locale for the reception and have found the perfect wedding dress. Now it’s time to get down to the nitty-gritty with your wedding planning. Following is a checklist to serve as a guideline of tasks to complete when you’re within 4 to 6 months of your wedding date.
- Plan new living arrangements and home furnishings.
- Select the formal wear for the men.
- Have parents select their wedding day attire.
- Plan the rehearsal dinner. Give the host your guest list. This is often given by the groom’s family, so they may do most of the work.
- Find out what the legal requirements are for marriage in your state and arrange for any necessary blood tests. Decide when you will apply for the marriage license.
- Obtain any immunizations you will need for the honeymoon.
- Determine lodging for out-of-town guests. You may want to reserve a block of rooms at a hotel. The hotel will usually give your guests a reduced rate.
- Send save-the-date announcements or call out-of-town guests to let them know the final date, time and location of your wedding.
- Schedule appointments for hair, makeup and nails for your wedding date.
- Agree on a bridal registry and register for wedding gifts.
- Arrange for transportation on your wedding day, such as a limousine.
- Reserve wedding night accommodations.
- If you’re changing into “going away outfits” before you leave the reception then purchase these now.
- Purchase gifts for your wedding party, parents and for each other.
Use this wedding planning checklist as a guideline for tasks to complete when you’re within 4 to 6 months of your wedding date.